At Welia Health, our pediatric therapists are here for you and your child. Pediatric therapy, sometimes referred to as peds therapy, can help children who may struggle with areas of development and provide an opportunity to strive and reach new limits. With structured treatment sessions, your child can achieve maximal function in activities and important daily life tasks.
Our practice treats a variety of conditions and challenges including:
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Sensory processing disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Developmental delays
- Motor delays
- Visual perceptual delay
- Other genetic conditions
Some children may struggle to develop necessary skills as they grow and knowing why is not often a question with an easy answer.
There are many reasons for developmental delays, including:
- Underlying disorders and syndromes
- Family history of developmental delays and learning disabilities
- Premature birth
- Serious accidents and illnesses
- Prenatal substance abuse
Other times, the cause of delays is unknown. No matter the reason, we are here to help your child and to support you as their parent (or caregiver).
It’s important to address any delay, as early as possible, as each skill is a building block for another ability- sounds develop to words and then to sentences or rolling develops to crawling and then to walking to running. These natural progressions are necessary for a child’s development.
Helping your child function
We can help your child recognize and modify barriers that may interfere with your child’s physical, occupational or speech development. Services include physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy.
During one-on-one treatment sessions, our therapists may:
- Direct structured activities designed to target your child’s needs
- Build functional skills important for everyday activities
- Improve speech, large and small movement skills, oral motor/feeding/swallowing skills
Pediatric therapy occurs in a fun environment for your child. And because we use toys, games, and other things to motivate your child to learn, your child will feel like they are here to play!
At Welia Health, our therapists understand and work with families to help children reach their fullest potential.
- Pathways provides free resources for parents and health professionals to help maximize a child’s motor, sensory and communication development, including tips for baby’s physical development.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers a free developmental milestone tracker app which includes pictures and videos of suggested milestones for ages 2 months to 5 years.
Welia offers pediatric therapy services in Mora, Hinckley and Pine City. To learn more, call Rehabilitation Services at 320.225.3356.
A referral may be required by your insurance carrier, please contact your primary care provider.