Pool therapy, also called aquatic therapy, is essentially physical therapy performed in the water. There are many benefits of aquatic therapy, such as relaxation, pain management, physical fitness, physical rehabilitation and functional training.
Aquatic therapy is appropriate for almost anyone. Our skilled physical therapists create a customized care plan for your needs to ensure optimal benefit.
Conditions that benefit from aquatic therapy
- Low back pain
- Spinal paralysis
- Balance disorders
- Sports and orthopedic injuries
Benefits of aquatic therapy
- Buoyancy provides cushioning effects in water
- Decreased load on joints
- Decreased chance of injury
- Water provides gentle resistance for exercise
- Cardiovascular benefits include improved circulation of blood and lymphatic flow
- Muscular benefits
- Decreased blood pressure
- Decreased edema or swelling
- Improved breathing
- Warm water decreases sensitivity to nerve endings and promotes general relaxation
- Improved endurance to exercise
Pool therapy services are offered in Mora. To learn more, call Rehabilitation Services at 320.225.3356.
Welia Health’s rehabilitation team offers a wide range of services from sports medicine and athletic training, physical and occupational therapy, specialty care for cardiovascular and respiratory patients, pediatric therapy, hand therapy, speech-language pathology, wound care, and sleep medicine.