Respiratory therapists provide care and support to patients of all ages with problems related to breathing, such as asthma, COPD, pneumonia, and other lung diseases. The respiratory therapists at Welia Health provide a variety of treatments.
Treating respiratory conditions
- Medication, aerosol and oxygen therapy. Includes Pentamidine.
- Care plans designed to facilitate the removal of secretions from the lungs
- Mechanical ventilation (invasive/noninvasive)
- CPAP therapy
- COPD education
- Cardiovascular services
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech-language pathology
- Respiratory rehabilitation
- Asthma education
- Pulmonary function
- Tests assess breathing patterns, lung size, and how well the lungs function. Includes spirometry and nitric oxide and blood gas determinations.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- A 36-session program involving breathing retraining, improving exercise tolerance, and forming knowledge of lung diseases
Welia Health’s Lung Disease Support Group meets to help support and educate people with lung diseases. Friends and families are welcome to attend.
To learn more about the lung conditions listed above, please visit the American Lung Association.
Respiratory services are available in Mora. To learn more, call Respiratory Services at 320.225.3645. A referral may be required for respiratory therapy services, please check with your primary care provider and your insurance carrier.
Welia Health’s rehabilitation team offers a wide range of services from sports medicine and athletic training, physical and occupational therapy, specialty care for cardiovascular and respiratory patients, pediatric therapy, hand therapy, speech-language pathology, wound care, and sleep medicine.