Respiratory therapists provide care and support to patients of all ages with problems related to breathing such as asthma, COPD, pneumonia, among other lung diseases.
The respiratory therapists at Welia Health provide a variety of treatments such as:
- Medication, aerosol and oxygen therapy
- Care plans designed to facilitate removal of secretions from the lungs
- Blood gas determinations
- Mechanical ventilation (invasive/noninvasive)
- COPD education
- Cardiovascular services
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech-language pathology
- Respiratory rehabilitation
- Asthma education
- Pulmonary function tests including Nitric Oxide Determinations to assess breathing patterns, the size of your lungs, and how well the air passages are opening
- Pulmonary rehabilitation, which consists of an 8-week program involving breathing retraining, improving exercise tolerance, and forming knowledge on lung diseases
Welia Health’s Lung Disease Support Group meets to help support and educate people with lung diseases. Friends and families are welcome to attend.
To learn more about the lung conditions listed above please visit the American Lung Association.
Respiratory services are offered at our Mora location and require a provider’s referral for scheduling. To learn more, call Respiratory Services at 320.225.3645.