Athletic training encompasses the areas of injury prevention, evaluation and rehabilitation as well as emergency management. It focuses on safe, optimal participation in sport and active lifestyles and getting back to the things you love following an injury.
With certified athletic trainers on the Welia Health team, we offer outreach services to area high schools in order to ensure the safety of our student athletes and provide services for patient care and education within our clinics.
Athletic training services
- Local support for area high schools at practices and sporting events for assessing, treating and managing athlete injuries
- Concussion screening and assessment using ImPACT testing
- Safe Sports Schools – a certification that schools have for policies and procedures keeping athletes safe
- After-school athletic training room and event coverage
- Educational presentations regarding common injuries, their prevention and rehabilitation for coaches, athletes, parents and the community
- Fitting of and athlete education for use of protective and preventive equipment
- Free annual Minnesota High School Sports Physicals
Search the calendar of events for upcoming dates.
Unwavering advocates for sports safety, Welia Health certified athletic trainers support our local high schools in Mora, Hinckley, Pine City, Ogilvie, East Central, and Rush City.
To learn more, call Rehabilitation Services at 320.225.3356.
Welia Health’s rehabilitation team offers a wide range services from sports medicine and athletic training, physical and occupational therapy, specialty care for cardiovascular and respiratory patients, pediatric therapy, hand therapy, speech-language pathology, wound care, and sleep medicine.