Certified hand therapy
The certified hand therapists at Welia Health specifically evaluate and treat upper extremities (i.e. hand, wrist, elbow, and forearm as well as shoulder areas).
Patients benefiting from hand rehabilitation therapy would be those:
- Affected by an accident or trauma leaving them with wounds, scars, burns, injured tendons, nerves, fractures or even amputations of fingers, hands or arms.
- Limited by conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, chronic conditions such as arthritis, or neurological conditions such as a stroke.
Hand therapy uses exercise and physical agent modalities including ultrasound, electrical stimulation, paraffin and dry whirlpool to decrease new or long-lasting pain and help improve mobility and motion. In addition, hand therapy may include the following:
- Splint fabrication for custom support and positioning of injured joints, tendons, nerves and muscles
- Adaptive equipment education, joint protection, and energy conservation training to make everyday living easier and more comfortable
- Consulting, training and education within work environments for work station modification and alternative work methods
- Education for at home exercise programs to improve movement and strength
Welia offers hand therapy services in Mora, Hinckley and Pine City. To learn more, call Rehabilitation Services at 320.225.3356.