Schedule your appointment!
Clinic scheduled for Thursday, May 6
Welia Health and Kanabec County Community Health have scheduled a COVID-19 vaccine clinic for eligible individuals (all Minnesotans 16 years of age and older) on Thursday, May 6 from 2pm–5:30pm. Dose one of a two-dose series of Pfizer-BioNTech and single-dose Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) will be offered.
- Individuals receiving the Pfizer vaccine:
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Will be scheduled to return in three weeks to receive their second dose.
- Individuals receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- The FDA and CDC lift recommended pause on the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine use following a thorough safety review.
- Please note, vaccines are available by appointment only.
If you are not able to attend, sign up on our COVID-19 vaccine waiting list.
Please note the Minnesota Department of Health has directed providers to prioritize vaccine appointments for people most at risk of getting COVID-19, or those who could develop severe illness if infected. This includes older Minnesotans, those with underlying health conditions, and those in essential jobs.
Follow these steps to get your vaccine.
1. Schedule an appointment
- To schedule an appointment for the Pfizer vaccine, click here.
- To schedule an appointment for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, click here.
- OR call 320.679.6417 or 320.674.0041 to schedule an appointment by phone. Calls are answered Monday–Friday from 8am–4:30pm until the clinic is full.
2. Check in at the Welia Center
- Arrive and check-in at the Welia Center (formerly the Community Wellness Center), located at 200 N 9th St, Mora, no earlier than 15 minutes before your appointment. This will help ensure social distancing. Remember, masks are required.
- The Welia Center is located behind the elementary school, in the northwest corner past the tennis courts, and has its own entrance. Please follow the signs and do not park in the elementary school parking lot.
- Bring a current ID as proof of eligibility.
- The vaccine is free for everyone.
3. Get your shot!
- You’ll review safety information with a nurse, including a fact sheet from Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson, depending upon the specific doses allocated, then sign the vaccination agreement before getting your shot.
- Thank you for helping to stop the spread of COVID-19!
4. Relax for 15 minutes
- Following your vaccination, you will need to sit for 15 minutes to ensure you do not experience an allergic reaction.
- If you have a history of allergic reactions, you will need to sit for 30 minutes for observation.
- A representative will schedule your second dose 21 days (Pfizer) from the date of your first dose.
5. Review COVID-19 information flyers
- Before you leave, you’ll receive an informational flyer about What to Expect After Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine, outlining common side effects and steps to keep yourself and others safe. Others from Pfizer and Johnson &Johnson are also available upon request.
If you think you might be having an allergic reaction, go to a hospital or call 9-1-1. If you have side effects that do not go away after a few days, call your primary care provider at 320.679.1313.
- Sign up for email updates from Welia Health
- Visit our COVID-19 update page at weliahealth.org/coronavirus
- Follow social media accounts
- Listen to the local radio stations
- Watch your local papers in the Out and About section
- Call the Kanabec County Community Health hotline at 320.679.6417 for a recorded message or to speak with a representative
- Check the Minnesota Department of Health website