At Welia Health, we understand that much of what determines your health and well-being happens outside of our doors. Even so, we want to be sure you connect with any local resources should you need them.
If you have questions or would like to speak to a member of our Social Services team, please call us at 320.225.3576.
- Local food assistance programs
An extensive list of food assistance programs in Kanabec, Pine and other area counties
- Community Food Directory (PDF)
Download this Welia Health brochure that highlights local resources for food that contributes to a well-balanced diet and healthy lifestyles.
- Emergency Housing Assistance Directory
List of resources for individuals and families behind on rent or mortgage, in need of affordable housing, or afraid of losing housing.
- Kanabec County Housing Resources
Housing assistance programs for qualifying low-income households.
- A Place For You
Housing for the homeless in East Central Minnesota.
- Home Heating Assistance
Information and a downloadable application for the state of Minnesota’s energy assistance program which provides funds to help pay for home heating costs.
- Family Pathways Thrift Stores
Non-profit thrift stores in East Central Minnesota, including Pine City and Hinckley.
- One More Time
206 Forest Ave W, Mora, MN 55051
- Grandma’s Thrift Store
125 E Main St, Hinckley, MN 55037
- Queen’s Closet
138 S Park St, Mora, MN 55051
- Arrowhead Transit
Reduced cost or free transportation services in Pine County.
- Timber Trails Public Transit
Reduced cost or free transportation services in Kanabec County.
- Find a local dentist by searching the American Dental Association directory.
Additional local social services
- Kanabec County Community Health
- Kanabec County Family Services
- Kanabec County Veterans Services
- Lakes and Pines Community Action Council
- Minnesota Unemployment Office
- Pine County Health and Human Services
- Pine County Veterans Services
Finding local, county and statewide resources
- Help Me Connect
This new website, launched in 2021 by the Minnesota Department of Health, helps individuals navigate a comprehensive list of local, county and state resources.
Find food assistance, help to pay bills, and other free or reduced-cost programs, including new programs related to COVID-19. Enter your zip code to find services and programs near you.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and is subject to change. Bookmark this page for future reference. For the most up-to-date information, or with questions, please call Welia Health Social Services at 320.225.3576.