It’s too hot to cook, right? Add this summery strawberry salad to your dinner schedule this week – a favorite of many at Welia Health! It’s packed with protein and fiber – a sure way to jazz up your dinners.
Summer Strawberry Salad
- 1-½ cups walnut pieces
- 1 pint strawberries, quartered
- 1 (10 ounce) bag iceberg salad
- 1 (5 ounce) bag baby spinach
- 1 (4 ounce) container crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread walnuts on a baking sheet.
- Toast in preheated oven until walnuts start to turn golden brown and become fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool, about 5 minutes.
- Toss toasted walnuts, strawberries, iceberg salad, baby spinach, feta cheese, red onion, and black pepper together in a large bowl.
Honey-Cider Poppy Seed Dressing
Instead of buying salad dressing, try making your own! This one takes just 10 minutes and it’s the perfect complement to the strawberry salad.
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried (ground) mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Combine all ingredients in a jar (at least pint-size).
- Shake well.
Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks in an airtight container or jar.