Enjoy this creative and kid-friendly spin on the traditional charcuterie board that is often served at parties and gatherings. Instead of using a traditional platter or board, arrange an assortment of meats, cheeses, fruits, crackers, and other snacks in the separated compartments of the tackle box trays.
The snackle box – “charcuterie board’s cousin” – is a portable, fun and very convenient way to enjoy charcuterie while on-the-go. Try one out for your next neighborhood gathering, family picnic or day at the lake!
Looking for ideas?
The types of foods you can include in your snackle box are virtually endless – common items include:
- assorted meats: such as salami, prosciutto, pepperoni, beef jerky, etc.
- cheeses (such as cheddar, brie, gouda)
- fruits (such as grapes, berries, sliced apples)
- veggies (such as carrots, cucumbers, celery, peppers, peapods)
- crackers or cubed bread
- spreads: hummus, mustard, honey, jelly or jam
- pickles and olives
- M&Ms or other candy
- pretzels or corn chips
The possibilities are endless!
Source: Snacks On The Go! 18 Tackle Box Charcuterie Ideas, International Charcuterie Association