TeleHeart cardiology care
Welia Health is proud to work with Minneapolis Heart Institute to offer cardiology care to our patients. Cardiology appointments are conducted using TeleHeart technology for cardiology care in real-time, right at our Pine City clinic. Using HIPAA-compliant technology, patients with cardiovascular health care needs meet with cardiologists who can assess, diagnose and treat heart conditions just like going to the in-person clinic.
What to expect
- Before or during your TeleHeart visit, you may need a heart ultrasound (echocardiogram) and EKG. These non-invasive tests are generally painless, and we can conduct them right here in Welia Health’s Pine City clinic.
- You may also need a blood draw. Your cardiologist will have all of your results when they meet with you via TeleHeart.
- During your scheduled appointment, someone from our nursing staff will check your vital signs, review your medications and discuss any heart-health concerns you may have.
- The nurse will then connect with the cardiologist over the video-to-video TeleHeart technology and remain with you during the entire appointment.
- Your cardiologist has access to your radiology, labs and previous medical history through your medical record, just as if they were in the room. You’ll be able to see and talk to the cardiologist right there in real time; it’s just like a regular office visit.
- The cardiologist will then recommend the next steps in your treatment, making sure you clearly understand the care plan, including any further testing and medication additions or adjustments.
As always, your cardiologist partners with your primary care provider and care team to give you the best care possible.