Well-child visits during infancy
At Welia Health, we’ll be with you through every important first in your child’s life with frequent well-child visits for infants from birth to 9 months.
Choosing your baby’s provider is one of the most important decisions you’ll make as a new parent. The best time to start looking is between 28 and 34 weeks into your pregnancy.
Tips for selecting a provider for your baby
- Start by asking your friends and coworkers for recommendations.
- Check the credentials of potential healthcare providers.
- Look for a clinic that is convenient for you.
- Welia Health has locations in Mora, Hinckley and Pine City.
- Set up some time to speak with the provider you are considering and talk to other parents and caregivers, asking them about their experiences with Welia Health.
We want you to be comfortable asking questions and confident in the answers you receive because they will become your trusted partner as your child grows!
Well-child visit schedule for infants
- 48-hour well-baby visit (after discharge)
- 2 weeks after birth
- 2 months
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 9 months
Assessments at each visit
- Measurements to monitor growth: head circumference, height, weight, and weight for length percentile that documents growth patterns)
- Health history
- Complete exam
- Immunization review
- Hearing risk assessment (24 hours after delivery)
- Ages & Stages Questionnaire (ASQ)* for development (completed 5x between 0 and 5 years)
*The ASQ is a tool used to screen for developmental delays during the first five years of your child’s life.
Oral health recommendations
- Recommended at when fist tooth appears or no later than 12 months of age
- Fluoride varnish application (FVA), starting at the eruption of the first tooth