Sharing time and talents
Welia Health volunteers generously give their time and talents to support our patients, staff, and communities.
Our volunteer team, currently over 50 people strong, provides a wide variety of invaluable services, including the following:
- Managing the gift shop
- Staffing the welcome desk and welcoming hospital visitors
- Offering wayfinding and transportation services
- Ensuring comfort care services by providing coffee, water, and visiting patients
- Supporting staff with administrative activities
In addition to contributing thousands of hours of their time each year, Welia Health volunteers go above and beyond to raise funds to ease the burden of patients and their families.
Funds raised from gift shop proceeds, fundraisers and donations have been used for the following:
Each year, Welia Health is proud to award two $1,000 scholarships to area students.
- One graduating high school student
- One non-traditional student wishing to further their education
- Supplies and equipment
- Blood analyzer and printer for rapid diagnostics
- Vein finder for more accurate and efficient blood draws
- Sub-zero cooling machine for orthopedic surgeries
- Bair Hugger warming blankets for hypothermic patients
- CuddleCot for families grieving infant death
- Digital scales for care coordination
- Life Pak 1000 Defibrillator to outfit an ambulance
You can get involved by joining more than 50 men and women from Mora and surrounding communities who donate their time and make a difference in the lives of our patients and in our communities. To learn more, contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 320.225.3616 or reach out to any Welia Health volunteer or volunteer board member.
Current board members
- President: Pam Novak
- Vice President: Annette Majewski
- Treasurer: Kathy Nelson
- Secretary: Currently open
Volunteer committee meetings are held on the second Monday of each month, September through May, at 1pm in the conference rooms on the Mora campus.
Volunteers are immensely appreciated for their countless contributions to Welia Health.