Welia Health is committed to keeping you safe.
As a community leader in healthcare, we treat our patients like family and during a time like this, we are honored by the trust you have placed in us as your healthcare provider.
Along with preparing to care for COVID-19 patients, Welia Health has continuously revised its policies and processes. Individuals planning to visit any of our campuses in person (for any appointments including family medicine, rehabilitation services, urgency services or any other service) should allow extra time and arrive 10-15 minutes early. Here’s what you can expect.
- For any scheduled appointments, you can expect a phone call or text reminder message. If you are experiencing any COVID symptoms or become ill before your appointment, please call 320.679.1313 for further guidance.
Remember, if you are experiencing a medical emergency, dial 9-1-1.
- While mask guidance was updated by the CDC and MDH on May 13, 2021, all staff, patients, and caretakers are still required to wear masks while in our facilities, vaccinated or not.
- We encourage you to bring your own mask to wear, but if you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
- Masks should be worn at all times. Only remove your mask if directed by your nurse and provider team.
- How to safely wear and remove your mask.
- Welia Health staff will be wearing proper protective equipment (PPE) while in patient care areas.
- Full PPE may include some combination of masks, face shields, goggles, gloves, scrubs, gown, and PAPR (Powered Air Purifying Respirator) hood. These are worn to protect staff and patients.
Check-in and registration
- Our registration staff will be seated behind clear acrylic barriers at check-in and are appropriately physically distanced. Please respect the space between you and them.
- Community pharmacies are open regular hours, 8am-6pm |Mon-Fri and 8am-1:30pm on Saturdays. If you prefer, call when you arrive and your completed prescription will be delivered to your car.
- Your prescriptions can also be mailed if that is more convenient.
Safety and cleanliness
- Diligent cleaning protocols have been implemented.
- Welia Health staff are trained to adhere to proper hand hygiene techniques along with the use of PPE during your visit.
- You may notice that throughout our facility there is signage depicting green, yellow, red, and red-striped zones. These areas have been designated to provide PPE guidance to our staff and to reduce person-to-person COVID-19 transmission among patients and staff.
At this time, Welia Health is allowing visitors to the hospital, emergency department, and any outpatient service area (rehab, clinic, imaging, chemotherapy, infusion, etc.) at this time. The guidance is provided here.
- Equipment and waiting room chairs and tables are rearranged to support physical distancing.
- The number of people allowed in common waiting rooms and therapy areas had been limited.
- Posters and announcements are displayed to remind patients to physically distance.
- Separate waiting areas are designated for patients with respiratory symptoms and those without.
- Virtual visits are available. Please inquire with registration staff about availability.
- High-risk patients (immunosuppressed or other conditions) are roomed quickly to help reduce exposure.
- If you arrive for your appointment with respiratory symptoms you will be triaged and quickly roomed to lessen interaction with others.
- We ask you to wash or sanitize your hands before and after your appointment.
Please know that we recognize your fears, unfamiliarity with new processes, heightened anxiety and stress associated with COVID-19. Thank you for your patience and flexibility so we can continue to provide the healthcare you need, safely.