Quality care is more than medicine, more than treating physical ailments. It’s caring for you and caring about you.
Our in-house social workers support and nurture our patients and their families to meet the emotional and social needs essential to well-being. We advocate for patients and families both within the hospital and the outpatient setting. Our social services providers work closely with physicians, nurses and other care providers to understand what’s best for you, our patient.
Our social workers are a key part of our health care home, a team approach to health care that works in partnership with patients and caregivers to plan, coordinate care and provide continuous access. The Minnesota Department of Health certified our Health Care Home program in June 2016.
Areas where we can help
- Counseling for patients, families and caregivers
- Crisis referral and intervention for mental health access
- An at home plan after being discharged from the hospital
- Education and support groups
- Access and information provided for:
- Home care
- Long-term care counseling
- Medical equipment
- Palliative care
- Nursing home/ assisted living transitions
- Advance care planning
- Referrals for community services
- Transportation needs:
- Care coordination through our Care Team program
We’re here for you. If you’d like to meet with social worker, please ask a nurse or your provider for a referral. To learn more, please contact Social Services at 800.245.7651 or 320.225.3576.