Common orthopedic procedures
At Welia, we know that when your daily activities like walking, running or going up the stairs, are disrupted due to injuries or conditions of the musculoskeletal system, you need a car Welia Health’s orthopedic physicians, along with our and team of physical therapists, will tailor a plan to personally coach you through your office visits, surgery, follow-up appointments, and recovery.
Common orthopedic procedures performed at Welia include:
- Arthroscopy – A procedure using special cameras and equipment to visualize, diagnose and treat problems inside a joint.
- Fusion – A “welding” process by which bones are fused together with bone grafts and internal devices (such as metal rods) to heal into a single solid bone.
- Internal Fixation – A method to hold the broken pieces of bone in proper position with metal plates, pins or screws while the bone is healing.
- Joint Replacement – A procedure in which an arthritic or damaged joint is removed and replaced with an artificial joint called a prosthesis. Procedures include partial, total and revisions.
- Osteotomy – The correction of bone deformity by cutting and re-positioning the bone.
- Soft Tissue Repair – The mending of soft tissue, such as torn tendons or ligaments.
Descriptions from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Orthopedic services available in Mora, Hinckley and Pine City. Call Welia at 800.679.1313 or schedule an appointment using MyChart.
A referral may be required from your primary care provider. Please check with your insurance carrier.