Know your risk for diabetes
There’s a simple way to find out if you’re at risk for type 2 diabetes: the American Diabetes Association online quiz. Just seven basic health questions can assess your risk.
Remember, only your doctor can determine if you have prediabetes or type 2 diabetes. Talk to your provider to see if you need additional testing. The good news is that can manage your risk for type 2 diabetes. Small steps make a big difference in helping you to live a longer, healthier life.
Our Diabetes Education team is here to help you and your family learn how to care for diabetes, no matter what the type. Our educators will work with you to establish individual goals so you can feel better and reduce your risks of developing diabetes-related complications. Throughout our care, we keep your preferences, needs and values in mind.
Welia Health is a nationally recognized diabetes self-management program. We encourage people living with diabetes to participate in educational opportunities to further their knowledge and refine the skills and abilities needed to manage the condition. By teaching and supporting you, we help you improve your quality of life and overall health and wellbeing.
Scheduling diabetes education
Diabetes education is a recognized part of diabetes care. Typically, it is covered by Medicare and most health insurance plans, when provided by a diabetes educator within an accredited/recognized program. Please check with your insurance provider to confirm that diabetes education is covered in your plan and to determine if a referral from your primary care provider is required.
To learn more or to schedule an appointment, please call the Mora clinic at 320.679.1313, Hinckley clinic at 320.384.6189 or Pine City clinic at 320.629.7505.
Diabetes educational services
- Basics for Living with Type 2 Diabetes support group classes
- Continuous glucose monitor (CGM) training
- Insulin pump training and management (new and pump optimization)
- Quarterly support group for kids with type 1 diabetes, check our calendar for upcoming community classes and events
- One-on-one educational sessions for type 1, type 2, pre-diabetes and gestational diabetes
- Pre-diabetes education
- Dexcom continuous professional monitoring
Our diabetes providers
- Julie Miller, RN, BSN, CDE, Diabetes Nurse Educator
- Carly Gahler, RN, BSN, Diabetes Nurse Educator
- Melissa Merrick, RD, LD (Dietician)
- Danna Woods, RD, LD (Dietician)
Our Diabetes Self-Management Education program has been recognized by the American Diabetes Association for Quality Self-Management Education and Support.
The following resources offer additional information about living with diabetes.