Welia Health offers a four-part prenatal education series designed to help you understand your pregnancy and your baby’s developmental stages, achieve a healthy pregnancy, and prepare for the birthing process and parenting.
We utilize a combination of lectures, audiovisuals, guest speakers, and open floor discussion to help you learn all about the birthing experience.
Prenatal class topics
- Introductions and general information
- Fetal development
- Warning signs of premature labor
- Is this really labor?
- OB department tour
- “What ifs” in pregnancy
- Labor epidurals and spinals
- Preparing for your hospital stay
- Newborn care during hospital stay and at home
- Physical therapy
- Hands-on baby care
- Public health resources
- Birth control after pregnancy
- Infant cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
Prenatal class schedule
Prenatal Education classes are available six times a year in Mora and Pine City. Classes start on the first Tuesday of the month and meet weekly for four weeks from 5–7pm. See the calendar of events for more detailed information and registration.
We look forward to meeting you and discussing your concerns and experiences as well as sharing our insights about the entire birth process.