The Welia Health Prediabetes Education class covers everything you need to know about living healthy with prediabetes symptoms and reducing the risks for type 2 diabetes, such as living an active lifestyle and healthy eating.
We designed the class for individuals diagnosed with prediabetes. Classes are offered twice a year, in both Mora and Pine City. Subscribe to the calendar and follow us on social media for information on classes as they are scheduled.
The 2.5-hour class includes:
- Prediabetes overview
- What is prediabetes, and how is it diagnosed?
- Making small lifestyle changes to prevent diabetes
- Risks and prevention of type 2 diabetes
- Benefits and guidelines of exercise
- Healthful eating
- Weight-loss strategies
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Resources, including books and handouts to learn more
There is no charge for this class, and you do not need a referral. Please register in advance so we can ensure that we have enough materials on hand.