Welia Health’s Prediabetes class covers everything you need to know about managing symptoms and healthy lifestyle choices to minimize the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
We designed the class for individuals diagnosed with prediabetes. Classes are offered twice a year, in both Mora and Pine City. Subscribe to the calendar and follow us on social media for information on classes as they are scheduled.
The two-hour class includes:
- Prediabetes and how it is diagnosed
- The impact of small lifestyle changes
- Risks and prevention of type 2 diabetes
- Benefits and guidelines for exercise
- Healthful eating
- Weight-loss strategies
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Resources, including books and handouts
There is no charge for this class, and you do not need a referral.