Mission and vision
Guided by a clear mission, vision and values for nearly a century, we’re honored to make a difference in the lives of so many individuals in our communities.
To support and improve the health of the communities we serve.
To foster a patient-centered culture and maintain a complement of services that meet the changing needs of the communities we serve.
- Commitment to quality
- Adaptive to change
- Responsive to community needs
- Improved performance
- Notable outcomes
- Guiding ethical priciples
Scope of care
Welia Health is established as a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation serving communities of approximately 50,000 households, with its primary service area including Kanabec and Pine Counties. Welia Health is comprised of the hospital and three clinics – Mora, Pine City, and Hinckley. The organization’s acute and ambulatory care programs and services are adaptive to change, integrated, and patient-focused, providing continuous primary medical, other clinical, and support services plus specialty consultation and procedures on a regularly scheduled basis.
Welia Health’s active medical staff consists of family and emergency medicine physicians, an orthopedic surgeon, a general surgeon, and multiple consulting staff and allied health professionals to support the mission and vision.
All programs and services are designed to provide the same level of care to all patients and are available and accessible irrespective of the patient’s race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or financial status. Programs and services are ethically based, have measured outcomes for quality, are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, provide alternative choices along a broad continuum of care, and are financially sound. The organization has formal referral networks with tertiary care facilities in the Twin Cities and St. Cloud. These referral networks also provide for the return of patients to continue their primary, convalescent, or restorative care in their home community. Welia Health supports the Triple Aim: to improve population health, patient experience (satisfaction and quality), and the affordability of healthcare.
Promoting a culture that embraces and encourages collaboration in essential practice and problem-solving and transparent communication processes are central to our philosophy of patient care. The leadership is provided collaboratively by the medical staff, governing Board and senior leadership. Leadership plans for the provision of services based on community-identified needs, availability of human resources, finances and the physical environment.
Acute inpatient care
- OB and Level 1 Nursery
- Short-term Sub-acute Care
- Surgical Services (Same day surgery, OR, PACU, CSSR, Endoscopy, Anesthesia)
- Clinic Primary Care Providers; MD, PA, NP
- Specialty Clinic (Cardiology, Neurology, Urology, ENT, OB/Gynecology, Podiatry, Oncology, Nephrology)
- Ambulance Service – Part-time ALS
- Sleep Medicine
- Outpatient Services (Chemotherapy, IV treatment)
- Diabetes Education
- Urgency Services – Pine City
- Community Pharmacy – Pine City and Mora
- Care Coordination
- Palliative Care Program
- Health Care Home
- Chronic Care Management
- Transitional Care Management
- Medication-assisted Therapy
- Behavioral Counseling
- Laboratory Services (Pathology, EKG, Blood Banking)
- Imaging (CT, MRI, Ultrasound, 3-D Tomo Mammography, Dexa Scan, Nuclear Medicine, Echocardiology)
- Financial Services (Billing, Coding)
- Social Services
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Services (Meals and Dietician Services)
- Rehabilitation Services (Physical therapy, speech therapy, Occupational Therapy, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Pediatric, Stress Testing, and wound care)
- Human Resources
- Health Information Services (HIS)
- Volunteer Services
- Support Groups (Diabetes, Respiratory, Cardiac, Caregivers)
- CPR Training
- Safe Sitter Education
- Prenatal education classes
- Newborn well-baby checks
- Pine City Farmer’s Market
- High School Sports Physicals
Learn more About Welia Health.
YOUR ONLINE TOOLKIT
Manage all your care online
PAY A BILL
Fast, easy and secure payment
Convenient scheduling options
For pharmacy pick-up or delivery