Health care home
Welia Health is certified as a Health Care Home by the Minnesota Department of Health. The certification includes all of Welia Health campuses – Mora, Hinckley, and Pine City. We are committed to using this team approach to healthcare to improve:
- Your experience while you receive care
- Your overall health
- Connections with specialists, networks, and community services
- Your medication, using Medication Therapy Management (MTM)
- Your Advanced Care Plans (Minnesota Residents, Wisconsin Residents)
A Health Care Home (HCH), also called a Medical Home is not a building, house, hospital or nursing home. Rather, it is an approach to health care where an entire team of doctors, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, families, and patients work in partnership to:
- Coordinate care
- Improve quality of life
- Provide continuous access to those patients of all ages with chronic or complex health conditions, disabilities or specialized health needs.
Welia Health’s team approach is referred to as a Care Team, and it includes the following participants:
- Primary Care Provider – your doctor (MD or DO), nurse practitioner (NP), or physician assistant (PA)
- Care Coordinator – a social worker or registered nurse
- Spouse and family members
- Rehabilitation therapists
- Additional health care professionals directly involved in your care
The main goal for utilizing a team approach is to help manage and understand complicated health conditions and chronic illnesses to help you stay healthy and avoid unnecessary emergency department visits and or hospitalization.
Enrollment in a Care Team within our Health Care Home is voluntary. Your provider will suggest this if he/she thinks you would benefit from this type of care.
What to expect
Once referred, you will meet with a Care Coordinator to develop an initial care plan to:
- Develop your care goals based upon your provider’s recommendations and instructions
- Address any barriers that may keep you from reaching your health goals
- Plan lifestyle changes to support your wellness goals
- Review all instructions and recommendations from your providers
- Discuss Welia and other community resources that may assist you in achieving your care goals
- Schedule follow-up appointments, make plans and communicate updates with everyone on your team.
There are many care team benefits including:
- East access to your care team
- Personalized care plan
- Appointment assistance
- Medication therapy management (MTM)
- Insurance, Medicare or medical assistance coverage
- Educational opportunities to help you learn and understand about your ongoing health conditions, treatment options and choices
- Cultural and religious beliefs are valued and considered when determining or administrating treatment and care
- Assistance with specialty care or community service to achieve your health goals and plan
If you think this program fits your needs, please contact your provider or Welia Health’s Care Coordination team at 320.225.3576.
For more information on Heath Care Homes, please review these Minnesota Department of Health online resources: